Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

Miss McCarthy's room viewed from the road. Photo taken during flood of April 1910. (Paeroa & District Historical Society.)
Refreshment Services Paeroa Station
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

Maurice Power's Ohinemuri Hotel.
Paeroa Hotels and Accommodation
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

The new Criterion Hotel built in 1897. This photo was taken in 1909.
Paeroa Hotels and Accommodation
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

The Number 2 Spring Bathhouse.
Te Aroha Domain and Springs
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

Paeroa station from the Thames end. The refreshment room was at the Waihi end of the building. (Photo author)
Refreshment Services Paeroa Station
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

District Engineer N.Z.R. Hamilton plan F 1356 showing position of the private room and new site for it to allow construction of the railway refreshment room to proceed.
Refreshment Services Paeroa Station
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

Rustic pumphouse built around Number 15 Spring.
Te Aroha Domain and Springs
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

The second Tramway Hotel built to replace the building burnt down in 1906. In the background is one of Karangahake's many boarding houses.
Paeroa Hotels and Accommodation
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 42, September 1998

Sketch map showing the locations referred to in Mr Carbutt's article, "Bus Driving Days"