Several of these sources exist as digital documents from which original page numbers have been lost. Numbers in brackets indicate page numbers in these digital documents.
Appendix to the Journals of the House of Representatives (AJHR)
The document ‘Mines Statements covering Waihi’ contains extracts of most years from 1881 to 1915.
Bulletin No 15 NZ Geological Survey
Bulletin No 26 NZ Geological Survey. Waihi Goldfield
The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District], 1902
Philip Hart. Te Aroha Mining District Working Papers
http://researchcommons.waikato.ac.nz/handle/10289/10304 and then filter by Hart.
In particular, papers:
- No. 55 Leahy
Daniel Leahy: A Prominent Hauraki Prospector And Miner. Philip Hart. 2016
Shortened to: ‘Hart on Daniel Leahy, 2016’ in the footnotes.
- No. 57 Nicholl
William Sharman Crawford (Billy) Nicholl, The Prospector Who Discovered The Martha Lode At Waihi: His Life, Told Largely In His Own Words. Philip Hart. 2016
Shortened to ‘Hart on William Nicholl, 2016’ in the footnotes.
- No. 58 Walker
John Watson Walker: A Leading Mine Manager. Philip Hart 2016
- No. 89 Cooper
Edward Kersey Cooper: Mine Manager And Mine Owner In Hauraki. Philip Hart 2016
- No. 59 Pond
James Alexander Pond: An Auckland Chemist Involved In Mining. Philip Hart 2016
- No. 80 Adams
Henry Hopper Adams: A Te Aroha Miner Who Became A Mine Owner. Philip Hart. 2016
- No. 62 Porter
Adam Porter: A Miner Who Became A ‘Self-Made Man’. Philip Hart. 2016
- No. 72 Battery
The Te Aroha Battery, Erected In 1881. Philip Hart. 2016
- No. 78 F & C
The Firth And Clark Battery At Waiorongomai. Philip Hart 2016
- Waikino And The Victoria Battery, Alistair M. Isdale, BA. June 2000
- Notes From Contemporary Newspaper Records Bearing On Waihi Plain And Mines On And Around Martha Hill For Period 1868-94: As Early Background To J.B. McAra’s Magnificent Work: By A.M. Isdale B.A. 20.4.1978. Rough Draft.
Shortened to ‘Isdale, 1978’ in the footnotes. Numbers in brackets indicate page numbers of the document in my computer, not Isdale’s original.
- OWHAROA, By Alistair M. Isdale B.A. October, 1996
COMPANY TOWN. An industrial history of the Waihi Gold Mining Company, Limited, 1887-1912. Thesis presented in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in History. By Philip Rainer University of Auckland, December 1976.
Shortened to ‘Company Town, Rainer. 1976’ in the foot notes.
Milling and Treatment at the Waihi Mine, New Zealand. By E. G. Banks. Paper No. 221 Paper presented at the Australasian Institute of Mining Engineers, Thames New Zealand 1911.
Ohinemuri Regional History Journals (ORHJ)
Waihi Borough Council Diamond Jubilee Booklet 1902-1962
The Waihi Mine
Gold Mining at Waihi, 1878-1952, JB McAra
- Historic Features of Union Hill, Waihi. Research by Eric Lens. 2003 – 2004
- Union Hill Early Mining History: Early Events Pertaining to Union Hill Waihi, including Mining Claims, and Prominent People (Eric Lens 2010), produced for inclusion in Conservation Plan For Union Hill, Waihi. Phillip R. Moore 2010
- Heritage notes on the Waihi Dredging Plant 1897 - 1910. Eric Lens 2005
- Biographies of Early Mining People. Prominent People Pertaining to Martha/Silverton/Union Battery Waihi
Reports of the Directors of the Waihi Gold Mining Company. They include the Superintendents Annual Reports.
The document ‘Annual Reports of the Directors, Waihi Gold Mining Company’ contains extracts from 1887 to 1916.
Men of Metal. The Story of A&G Price Ltd. 1868 - 1968. C.W. Vennell. 1968
J.F. Downey, Gold-Mines of the Hauraki District, New Zealand (Wellington, 1935)
Waihi Arts Centre and Museum
HP Barry photograph albums