This GIS presents geographical elements of our heritage, with emphasis on mining heritage in the Ohinemuri area. Material has come from old maps, 1942 aerial photographs, old texts, GPS and foot survey. Development is on-going. You may have information or edits you would like to share?
Note: the map canvas reports in WGS84/Pseudo Mercator (EPSG: 3857).
The Mobile version is here: https://qgiscloud.com/Waitete/Ohinemuri_GIS
- Firstly, ensure "location" is enabled on your phone
- Select the Ohinemuri_GIS link above
- Enable the Location (GPS) button at right of page
- Select layers to view from the menu at top right (only some layers are preselected)
- Touch items for information