This GIS presents geographical elements of our heritage, with emphasis on mining heritage in the Ohinemuri area. Material has come from old maps, 1942 aerial photographs, old texts, GPS and foot survey. Development is on-going. You may have information or edits you would like to share?
Note: the map canvas reports in WGS84/Pseudo Mercator (EPSG: 3857).
The Mobile version is here: https://m.qgiscloud.com/Waitete/Ohinemuri_GIS
- Firstly, ensure "location" is enabled on your phone
- Select the Ohinemuri_GIS link above
- Enable the Location (GPS) button top right of page
- You may wish to disable Map Following in the properties button
- Select layers to view from menu on left (only some are preselected)
- Touch items for information
New (beta) web client
You might like to try this version: https://m.qgiscloud.com/Waitete/Ohinemuri_GIS/qwc2/
But be aware, this version may use considerable data.