304 Richmond Street, Thames

304 Richmond Street, Thames. Built for Mr Cyrus Brown about 1880.

The Browns and their Bikes
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
304 Richmond Street, Thames
Alley Memorial Park

Alley Memorial Park

Relocation of Wharepoa War Memorial
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Alley Memorial Park
Dam on Ohinemuri, Karangahake Gorge

Dam on Ohinemuri, Karangahake Gorge

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Dam on Ohinemuri, Karangahake Gorge
Wells Butchers Van - Corner of Belmont and Williams Street.

Wells Butchers Van - Corner of Belmont and Williams Street.

Delivery Vehicles
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Wells Butchers Van - Corner of Belmont and Williams Street.
Gordon's Coach

Gordon's Coach

Being the first coach to drive through the newly opened Karangahake Gorge

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Gordon's Coach
Interior Waihi Union Battery

Interior Waihi Union Battery

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Interior Waihi Union Battery
The Waihi Shop and House as first built.

The Waihi Shop and House as first built. 1900-1903. Salvation Army at left.

The Browns and their Bikes
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
The Waihi Shop and House as first built.
Photo, courtesy Graham Watton, Paeroa Gazette.

Photo, courtesy Graham Watton, Paeroa Gazette.

Old Paeroa
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Photo, courtesy Graham Watton, Paeroa Gazette.
Rememberance Stone

Rememberance Stone

Early Waihi Farming
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Rememberance Stone
Spring Milk Cart

Spring Milk Cart

Miss Lilian Valder and Mr. Jim Rowland at the opening with Mr. Graeme Lee (back to camera) M.P. for Coromandel, in foreground.

Spring Milk Cart
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Spring Milk Cart
The Gallant Six

The Gallant Six

From the left the photograph shows, William McPherson, John Tetley, Mr Avery, Fred Shaw (standing at back), Richard Hubbard and George Roland Bradford.

Unique and Historic Photograph of "The Gallant Six"
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
The Gallant Six
The Goldfields' Advocate.
The Goldfields Advocate
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
The Goldfields' Advocate.
The "Strait Gate"
The "Strait Gate"
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
The "Strait Gate"
Thomas Gordon.

Thomas Gordon.

Gordons of Waitekauri
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Thomas Gordon.
Waihi Grand Junction Mine, showing new battery on left.

Waihi Grand Junction Mine, showing new battery on left.

Martha Hill, Waihi
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Waihi Grand Junction Mine, showing new battery on left.
Waihi Junior High School

Waihi Junior High School. Officially opened, June 9, 1932.

School Snippets
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Waihi Junior High School
Waihi train approaching Karangahake Tunnel.

Waihi train approaching Karangahake Tunnel.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Waihi train approaching Karangahake Tunnel.
Wallace Supplies Van - approx 1927.

Wallace Supplies Van - approx 1927.

Delivery Vehicles
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Wallace Supplies Van - approx 1927.
The Welcome Shaft and Two Shifts

The Welcome Shaft and Two Shifts, Waihi Gold Mining Co.

Martha Hill, Waihi
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
The Welcome Shaft and Two Shifts
Wharepoa War Memorial
Relocation of Wharepoa War Memorial
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Wharepoa War Memorial
Wharepoa War Memorial detail

Wharepoa War Memorial detail

Relocation of Wharepoa War Memorial
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Wharepoa War Memorial detail
Karangahake, before settlement, circa 1884.

Karangahake, before settlement, circa 1884.

Ohinemuri Gold Rush
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Karangahake, before settlement, circa 1884.
Gordon’s Coach and Boarding House at Waitekauri.

Gordon's Coach and Boarding House at Waitekauri.

Gordons of Waitekauri
Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Gordon’s Coach and Boarding House at Waitekauri.
Waihi Hospital & Grounds

Waihi Hospital & Grounds

As it was when first opened in 1902. Extensive improvements are now in progress.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 33, September 1989
Waihi Hospital & Grounds
 
 
Powered by Phoca Gallery