Taneatua - Auckland Express Drawn by AB660 1955.

Taneatua - Auckland Express Drawn by AB660 1955.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Taneatua - Auckland Express Drawn by AB660 1955.
Bridges and ford at Karangahake.

Bridges and ford at Doherty's Creek, Karangahake.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Bridges and ford at Karangahake.
Children and grandchild of John McCombie

Children and grandchild of John McCombie

From left- Margaret McCombie, Bruce McCombie-Wilson, Mrs F McFarland and Andrew, Mrs J. Cutting, Mr C. Whitney.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Children and grandchild of John McCombie
Crossing Karangahake Bridge.

Crossing Karangahake Bridge.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Crossing Karangahake Bridge.
Ferry at Puke on Paeroa Netherton Road

Ferry at Puke on Paeroa Netherton Road

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Ferry at Puke on Paeroa Netherton Road
First copy of "Goldmining in Waihi 1878 - 1952"

Waihi's Mayor, Owen Morgan receives the first copy of "Goldmining in Waihi 1878 - 1952" from the author Bert McAra.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
First copy of "Goldmining in Waihi 1878 - 1952"
Hikutaia Centennial cake and early pupils.

Hikutaia Centennial cake and early pupils.

From left: Mr H. Tukukino, Sister Mary Cecil, Mr M Robinson, Mr J Handley.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Hikutaia Centennial cake and early pupils.
Mackaytown Hotel

Mackaytown Hotel

Later moved to Waikino

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Mackaytown Hotel
Our Patron, Mrs Nell Climie and Alec Brodie

Our Patron, Mrs Nell Climie and Alec Brodie, son of Martha Nicks, after whom the Martha Mine was named.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Our Patron, Mrs Nell Climie and Alec Brodie
Opening of the museum on 22-4-79

Some committee members and museum helpers at the opening of the museum on 22-4-79

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Opening of the museum on 22-4-79
President Mr A.F. Thorp and Mrs Thorp at museum opening.

President Mr A.F. Thorp and Mrs Thorp at museum opening.

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
President Mr A.F. Thorp and Mrs Thorp at museum opening.
Seddon Memorial new

Seddon Memorial

The old and the new. Now situated on the slopes of Martha Hill

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Seddon Memorial new
Seddon Memorial old

Seddon Memorial

The old and the new. Now situated on the slopes of Martha Hill

Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 23, June 1979
Seddon Memorial old
 
 
Powered by Phoca Gallery