Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 44, September 2000
The present hall at Waikino was opened late in 1959, replacing a previous one on the site which had burnt down in 1958. An earlier hall had been situated further up the hill.
The new hall was named the Victoria Hall after the battery across the river. There was some innovative fund raising and construction was very much a local effort, with rimu timber coming from Frank George's farm. Jimmy Noble oversaw the building and he and two local builders and many volunteers did "a brilliant job".