Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 35, September 1991
An old Waihi Hospital Board notice board dating back to 1926 was found recently by the late Mr George O'Dell in belongings left by the late Mr Ted Spencer. The notice board is made of cloth with the wording woven into it.
It used to hang on the small building at the hospital gate used as an office by the Waihi Hospital Board informing all comers that people seeking treatment needed first to present a note signed by a registered medical practitioner, proving they were fit subjects for hospital treatment. The phone numbers were 18S and 18M Waihi. It also gave advice on where to seek financial assistance for the treatment.
The building was removed when the Thames Hospital Board took over the Waihi Hospital about 30 years ago and is now used as a wood shed by Mr Reg Turner. Mr Turner's father bought it and it was transported in one piece to the Turner's farm. It cost Mr Turner's father £50 ($100) to buy and another £50 to have it moved by truck to the farm.
Mr Turner was of the opinion that the lodge should have been kept on the hospital land as it could now be an historic building. The notice board is now kept at the Waihi Arts Centre and Museum.