Ohinemuri Regional History Journal 22, June 1978
In Oct. 1976 the Society visited places of interest in Te Aroha. The group first called at the Te Aroha bath house where it was met by Mr. K. Williams, President of the Te Aroha Historical Society and the Mayor, Mr. Eastwood. After a tour of the bath house a visit was made to the Te Aroha museum, followed by a call at St. Mark's Church. A welcome was extended by the Vicar, who showed us an old Snetzer organ made in 1769, believed to be the only one of its kind in the world.
The bus went on to Wairongamai [Waiorongomai – E] where a picnic lunch was enjoyed beside a stream with lovely bush surroundings. Here, Mr. D.J. Burgess joined the visitors and showed photos of the town from about 1880 - a town with shops, hotels and police station, but nothing remains now.
After a busy and interesting day the group returned by bus to Paeroa.