Diamond Jubilee of the Ohinemuri County 1885 - 1945
FIFTEEN YEARS OF SERVICE
Perhaps one of the finest examples of the co-operation and enterprise in the farming community is that of the Te Aroha-Thames Valley Co-operative Dairy Company, Limited. This Company was formed in 1930 to take over the assets of the proprietary concern, the Te Aroha Dairy Company, Limited. Due to the ability and foresightedness of the provisional board of Directors who negotiated the purchase of the Te Aroha Dairy Company, the new Company was right from the outset placed on a very sound basis. The supply in the first season was converted into 1272 tons of butter. From then onwards a steady annual increase has been made. The Company is now manufacturing approximately 3000 tons of butter per annum. The Arrow brand is well known and sought after by the discriminating public right throughout the Thames Valley. Large sales are also made in the Auckland city and the Rotorua district. The consistent good quality of the Arrow brand butter is its own advertisement. The Company collects over an extensive area covering Hauraki Plains, Thames, Waihi, Matamata, Waitoa and Te Aroha districts. A fleet of trucks has recently been purchased to handle the transport with the object of giving more efficient and expeditious service to suppliers.
The factory buildings, plant and equipment are located at Te Aroha. The directors have spared no expense in keeping the plant and machinery up to date with the object of producing, as efficiently as possible a high quality butter. An extensive Trading Department is controlled by the Company. This department, with a turnover of approximately £60,000 per annum, is able to supply customers with practically all their requirements.
Dairydom Finance, Limited, a subsidiary of the Company, was formed to give financial assistance to the suppliers. Dairydom Finance, Limited, has a substantial turnover and is filling a long-felt want in the farming community. It is pleasing to note that the monies raised by the provisional board of directors in 1930 to purchase the business have now been repaid and the Company's assets are free of debt.
The services rendered generally by this progressive Company are well known throughout the Thames Valley, and no doubt it is due to these services that the Company has shown such remarkable progress during the last 15 years.